• Human Bill of Rights - The Very First Human Bill of Rights in 538 BCE.
• Coins - The first system of money ever used.
• Police - The first inspectors were “The Eye of the King” created by Cyrus the Great.
• Hospital dating back 3,000 years.
• Cesarean in 1000 A.D
• Anesthesia in 1000 A.D
• Algebra in 800 A.D.
• Windmill in 632 A.D.
• Battery - The Ancient Persians invented Battery more than 1,600 years.
• Wine in 5400 B.C.
• Alcohol in 864 A.D. by Rhazès Zakarya.
• Sulfuric Acid in 864 A.D. By Rhazès Zakarya , this substance
became the work horse of chemical engineering and modern chemistry.
• Shoes in 3000 B.C.
• Ice Cream in 400 B.C.
• Rose – Persian flower.
• Tulip – Persian flower.
• Refrigerator and air conditioning in 400 B.C. A large room called "YAKHCHAL”.
• Poker in 1600 A.D., Persian game called “nas”.
• The Brick in 6000 B.C.
• The Water Bed in 3600 B.C. made of sheep’s skin.
• Art of Miniatures in 2600 B.C.
• University in 271 B.C., intellectual center teaching philosophy , medicine, theology, science.
• First Agriculture System in 1000 B.C., the Qanat.
The Persian alphabet consisted of 32 letters that were derived from 18 shapes and it was written from
right to left. The Persians mostly wrote on Cuneiform scripts and those principles form the basis of the
modern western European alphabet.
• Postal Service - Cyrus The Great Established The World's First Postal Service.
• Tax - The taxation System can be traced back to ancient Persian and were first
introduced under the rule of Darius in 522-486 B.C.
• Guitar in 5000 B.C.
“Gui” means three in old Persian (Now Iran) and “Tar” means rope, guitar had three
ropes at the beginning and changed with time.
• Piano in 266 B.C. called “santur”.
• Stadium in 550 B.C. It could hold 15,000 people.
• Floating Bridges were constructed in 480 B.C. Xerxes the Great, was the
fifth king of kings of the Achaemenid dynasty of Persia empire.
• Colored Eggs for Easter – Persians first began using Colored Eggs to celebrate spring in 3000 BC.
Crusaders returning from the Middle East spread the costume of Coloring eggs and
Europeans began to use them to celebrate Easter.